Helpful study strategies #1:
Tackle the RECALL questions! I think recall questions are like freebies, if you know your materials, you can’t possibly be tricked and will get it right. So, get as many correct as possible!
- Defense mechanisms
- Psychotropic medications (antidepressant, mood stablizer, antipsychotic, ADHD, anti-anxiety)
- DSM diagnoses ( mood disorders, personality disorders and conduct disorders),
- Attachment styles & parenting styles
- Types of therapies (CBT, DBT, gestalt, psychodynamic, behavioral classical/operant).
- Family system/family therapy
- Developmental stages: Piaget, Erickson, Freud (what’s considered normal developmental crisis/behavior that seem frustrated the caregivers/parents)
- Group therapy stages and terms
- Signs of abuse (when to clarify, when to notify, when to report)
- Symptoms of substance intoxication and withdrawals.
I will update some review materials for each topics in the future on another post.
Thank you so much for all your feedback. I was wondering how would I approach the questions “the best response” and the “least”. I’ve taken the exam and these are the questions I had problems with.
Wowww you are amazing! I am grateful for your tips!