As promised, this is my very first tutorial video on how to break down exam questions. I hope it is helpful.
Below is a list of the questions in the video:
1) A 35-year-old male client frequently brings up thoughts of death and violence to others. The MOST accurate indicator of impending harm to self or others is:
A. Reported motive for self harm and violence
B. A history of violence
C. Expression of a preferred method or plan
D. Excessive and extreme emotion
2) A school social worker meets with a 16-year-old student, who is a new mother of an infant child. The student wishes to return to school and complete her senior year on campus. The principal advises the student to consider staying at home until her child is older and recommended the student to take evening classes. The social worker should:
A. Help the student understand the principal’s concern and recommendation.
B. Meet with the principal and student to advocate on the student’s behalf
C. Bring the matter up to the school board
D. Help the student choose alternative school options.
3) Social worker meets with a 13 year-old female student who is a recent immigrant. The school encourages her to engage in extracurricular activities after school. The girl is concerned that her parents will not allow her to stay after school. The social worker should FIRST:
A. Educate the parents about the benefit of after school activities
B. Tell the student that extracurricular activities are beneficial
C. facilitate interactions with peers during school hours
D. encourage the student to join a support group
4) A social worker works with a female client who frequently failed to meet her work deadlines due to chronic problem with procrastination. During a therapy session, the client blamed the social worker for her failure. This statement is an example of:
5) A social worker meets with a client at an inpatient psychiatric unit. Although the client has been at the unit for five days, he continued to express active homicidal and suicidal ideation. The client has refused all treatment and expressed his plan to leave the facility if he is not discharged today. The social worker should NEXT:
A. Initiate an involuntary commitment process
B. Contact the family about the client’s plan to leave
C. Discuss with the client the likely consequences of this decision
D. Inform the treatment team of the client’s plan
Thanks for viewing and visiting the blog! Happy studying! Please leave me a comment if you have questions or any feedback. Thanks! 🙂